Inspiring Philanthropy: PASSION MEETS PURPOSE
Thursday, March 9, 2017 | Jungle Island 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The 2017 PhilanthropyMiami Conference is the most important annual gathering of executives and thought leaders who are driving the philanthropy sector in Miami-Dade County and South Florida.
- BE CHALLENGED: Plan to spend the day exploring topics and ideas that will impact your thinking and your organization.
- BE CONNECTED: Meet other nonprofit leaders, board members and donors as they traverse the conversation with you.
- BE INSPIRED: Learn how you can be part of our resilient cities strategy, how social venture philanthropy is changing the landscape and hear creative ideas for new initiatives.
Don't miss this important day focused on enhancing your skills as a social change agent. See you there!
2017 PhilanthropyMiami Conference Program Overview
WHAT WILL THE DAY BE LIKE?
Our launch begins with learning about how our community is joining a vast global network of 100 resilient cities (100RC, pioneered by the Rockefeller Foundation). Through an exciting community partnership, Miami-Dade County, the City of Miami and the City of Miami Beach are developing a strategy to create a RESILIENT GREATER MIAMI & THE BEACHES (GMB) and face the new 21st century challenges.
WHY DOES THIS INITIATIVE MATTER TO ME AND MY WORK?
The choices and priorities driving our region's public-private-civic collaboration over the next 20 years will come from this initiative. Your input, based on the morning's program, will be vital for the strategy affecting the nonprofit/ philanthropy community.
As the day continues...it's time for you to discuss the next steps in more detail by speaking with leaders from government, corporate and nonprofit sections in one of the concurrent breakout sessions of your choice: Housing a Changing GMB; Building a Connected Mobile GMB; or Climate Ready GMB. Ready to raise serious money? Plan to attend the Fundraising Basics Track geared for nonprofit professionals to increase fund-raising capacity. Hear about a right-sized 12-month plan geared to individuals, corporations, or private funders; the infrastructure needed to grow revenues; a donor-centric online giving solution; donor engagement; and new resources.
LUNCHTIME IS ALSO LAUNCH-TIME
Along with calories, hear about activating social change agents - from the unique vantage point of keynote speaker and leading expert on individuals as effective philanthropists, Paul Shoemaker, founding president of Social Venture Partners International and, for 17 years, SVP Seattle's Executive Director.
AND... THERE'S MORE!
Dip into Shark Tank's fourth annual competition.
Hear the finalists pitch their new ideas to our panel of Sharks. Best pitch receives Grand Prize of $10,000 to launch their social venture.
- Join one of the 3 concurrent presentations and interactive sessions: Top Philanthropic Trends; New Strategies " Support for Funding; and Economic Impact of the Sector
- Fundraising Basics, part II: Lightening rounds on strategies (building annual giving, grants, major and planned gifts) with how-to-implement hints from seasoned fundraising and educational experts.